Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

First Food!

5 1/2 months old we started baby food. We first started with cereal mixed with breast milk. He did ok with the cereal. He wasn't a huge fan but he would eat a little. He was a little unsure at first but finally figured out what to do with the cereal and spoon. He loves to grab for his spoon!

After he got the hang of eating cereal we introduced stage 1 foods. I heard so many different opinions on what food to introduce first. We went with peas, I figured green is good to start with and peas have a kind of sweet taste. Well... he was not a fan at all!! We got a few bites and then he realized he wasn't a big fan. Tears were rolling down his face, luckily Uncle Jay was there and he came over and made noises to try and make him happy.

We tried all the different stage 1 fruits and vegetables and he had no allergic reaction. He did really well with all of the foods except for the green beans and peas. After many feedings we started mixing the food with his cereal, this helped and he was finally getting used to the green veggies.
Getting ready for dinner sitting in his bumbo with Daddy's hat.
His smile is priceless! Melts my heart!
Getting ready to have his first veggie: peas!
Mommy your taking too long, but my bib sure does taste yummy!
First eating some cereal, and of course his finger goes straight in his mouth. It's like his security blanket!
Happy Boy!
My spoon... what is this green stuff?
Ummmm...
I don't know about this.
I don't think so Mom!
No!
Yep, I'm not liking this!
Mommy, really I'm not liking this at all!
Uncle Jay what are you doing with your mouth? Thanks for cheering me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment