Well... we made it to the George Strait Concert!!! We bought our tickets in May and knew that the concert was 11 days before my due date. The question was... We're we going to make the concert?!?! Dad and Christine came up and went to the concert with us. Knowing that traffic was going to be bad we knew we had get down there early to eat dinner. We ate at Olive Garden with only about a 30 minute wait, this was much better than some restaurants around the area that had 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait!!
We are now on our way to the concert, we decided to try a side street to get to our parking lot, the lot that we we pre-paid for. Well... that side street took us forever!!!!! The traffic was horrible, we just sat in a line for about 45 minutes!
We finally parked near the back of the parking lot and walked a mile maybe less (I don't know how long it was, but it was hot and I was big and preggo!) to the front gate and get inside to find out we missed Julianne Hough! Bummer!! We were able to see half of Blake Shelton's performance.
Our seats were great!!! We were in Row B which meant we were the second row in the stands! I thought the seats were great! Cody kept asking me, "I'm sure people at the top would love to switch tickets with us so we can sit at the top." I didn't quite understand why he kept asking me this and told him "No way!! I love being down here!!" Well... After Blake Shelton we went up to the top to get them a beer and a bathroom break for me. Walking up that huge flight of stairs was torture! Going down was fine but walking up was a bit more difficult! Now I knew what he meant by switching tickets! Of course, I still said "No!"
Bathroom break! Oh my goodness I don't think I have ever seen a line to the girl's bathroom this long in my life!!! And of course being pregnant I have to go ALL the time! People saw me coming and I guess at this point I do look like he is going to come any day and people were so nice and they let me go right on up to the front of the line and let me use the restroom. Of course people were asking when I was due and all sorts of other questions! They couldn't believe I was there with 11 days left. They did think that would be cool if Colton came during the concert! And if he did we would have to name him George! Trust me the thought of having Colton at the concert had already crossed our mind! It would have been a great way to bring him into the world, hearing George Strait!!! The lines for the bathroom continued the entire concert and the kindness of all of the ladies there that night continued as well!
We saw Sugarland and they were fabulous!!! Then... George Strait came out and the stadium went CRAZY!!!! It was so awesome!! He put on such a great show and Colton enjoyed it as well. He moved the entire concert! I guess we have a cowboy on our hands! It was a wonderful night. We enjoyed every bit of the concert!
We walked the long way back to our car and I was very swollen and feeling pains that I hadn't normally felt... Our thinking was, I got to see George and now Colton could make his big debut! Obviously, he wasn't quite ready, I just walked a lot and needed to rest.
Blake Shelton

Sugarland
Cody and I anxiously waiting for George to come out!!
Dad and Christine
Colton with Daddy's beer right next to him!
The King of Country... George Strait!!
The King of Country... George Strait!!
We are really there!!! At the George Strait Concert!!! If you can't tell I was very excited about this concert!!! 
I loved his guitar! His name is underneath the strings!! I don't know what you call that part of the guitar.
So handsome! Amazing concert!! Thank you George!!







No comments:
Post a Comment