Well as you all know, that Tuesday 2 weeks ago was one of the worst days for me I've ever had. Saturday evening, 5:15, I received a phone call, I didn't answer because I had no clue who it was. I listened to the message and it was someone from Human Resources. I'm freaking out thinking what in the world are they calling for???!!! So many things were going through my mind. Were they calling to confirm my termination before the Board meeting in two days? Like I didn't know it happened!!! Were they calling to let me know I could still submit a letter of resignation before Monday at 3:00 pm?? Really I had no idea what they were calling for and I was frustrated. I flat out asked the guy, "Are you going to make my day?" :) Well, yeppers! He did!! He told me that they had placed all of the "Term" contracts and were still needing teachers. He told me two principals wanted me and that I had a choice. WOW!!! What just happened??!?!! I was offered a 4th grade Math/Science position at one school and then I was offered a teaching job at another school but the grade and subject would be determined at a later date. I asked if he needed to know right now, he said he would need to know in 30 minutes he said to call by 6:00!! Holy moly!! I have a big decision to make in a VERY SHORT amount of time!! I talked with Cody and called Michele and one other teacher friend. The best decision was for me to choose the definite teaching position. I didn't want to choose the undertimed position because I am comfortable in 4th grade and know all of the information. I would have loved to go to the undertimned campus because my best friend Jenn is there teaching 4th grade! But there is a reason why my options were so different, I am meant to be at the other school for some reason. God is in control and knows what is best for me. I am very excited and nervous at the same time going to my new school. There are already some connections there that I have learned about. One of my students this year, his cousin teaches Math/Science in 4th grade!! I have emailed with the team and they all seem so wonderful. I am looking forward to meeting them soon! The school sounds wonderful and I am excited to be a part of the Stanley family!
All of my stress is gone! The 5 days of shock/stress/anger/sadness is now Over!! I am so thankful that I was asked back. My current principal had a lot to do with me getting this position. I am so grateful for his kind words! Last week I was given my contract for next year. No Probationary, it was a TERM Contract!!! I signed, made multiple copies and turned it in!! I have seniority next year, no termination, no probationary! WooHoo!!
Through all of this I still pray for all of the teachers around the state that have lost their jobs because of budget cuts. It is so hard to see teachers being cut because teachers in the classroom with the kiddos are what is important and where it counts.
The end of the year is in just a few weeks, it's time to start packing up my classroom. I am thankful for the 3 years I was at this school. I'm sad to leave but excited for new beginnings.
Grad Parties Galore
2 months ago







No comments:
Post a Comment